From Myths of the Mobile Context , Mobile users:
- Expect as good an experience as the desktop
- May be looking for that quick snippet, but many times are looking for the full content. Plan accordingly.
- Don’t randomly remove content – keep the core content available on Mobile (tho need to reconsider navigation etc for smaller screen).
- Extra clicks to get to content is okay, so long as it is leading to the right direction. Make decisions obvious.
- Serve the same content to all devices, but optimize experience for the device capabilities
- Apply Minimalist principles to ALL your content. Will vastly improve user experience, no matter how it’s accessed.
- Enhance content with metadata (helps drive the right styles to the right platforms)
- Don’t repeat print constraints for all devices. Print will become the minority platform of the future!